Thursday 10 May 2012

SUN & ROSES...


Similarly to Collis, I too began to look at the complete replacement of the medium (of paint) with a visual impression of its elements (colour and physicality/texture). I suppose that here the ambition lay in the attempt to highlight the qualities of something which is no longer before the accustomed eye; to reconstruct a memory of it.

This is an example of my work:

 'Alcuni uomini trasformano il sole in un puntino giallo, 
                                    altri trasformano un puntino giallo in sole'
                                        thread on fabric, 20 x 20cm, SOLD

'I’d rather have white roses on my table
than diamonds on my neck'
thread on linen, 20 x 20cm, SOLD

(I have just thought about the title I gave to this piece above and would like to add:
'...specially if the table is by Susan Collis!')


No comments:

Post a Comment